About the course
This one-day course for CAMHS-based clinicians is delivered by the national service for BDD at the Maudsley and offers CBT skills-based teaching for the management of this disorder in children and young people.
The aim of the Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) masterclass will be to provide up to date knowledge and skills in evidence-based assessment and intervention for children and adolescents with BDD. The emphasis of the day will be on recognising and assessing BDD and learning the cognitive behaviour therapy strategies which are currently viewed as best practice.
As part of the session the group will work through a case example, with the inclusion of audio and visual materials, in order to gain a detailed understanding of assessment and treatment in context. The day will also incorporate group exercises in order to practice skills in assessment of BDD and time for exploration and discussion of the challenging issues which can often present in BDD.
What you will learn from taking this course:
- Identify symptoms of BDD in children
- Perform or describe a competent assessment for BDD with an awareness of differential diagnoses
- Describe how to successfully engage a young person with BDD in assessment and treatment
- Describe the principles and practice of CBT for this disorder
- Recommend appropriate medical treatment for this disorder
Doctors, Nurses, Student
Lunch & Refreshments Provided
Length & Time
Book this course