About the course
There are significant mental health challenges facing all our schools, alongside a number of national initiatives underway to address these. St Mary’s University (an outstanding teacher training provider) and Maudsley Learning (part of a global centre of excellence for mental health research and training) are proud to work together to focus on this important area.
This day-long conference brings together teaching, leadership and mental health experts to showcase a range of initiatives and would be of significant interest to teachers in leadership roles, senior mental health leads and any colleagues interested in creating more mental health friendly schools.
The day will open and close with compelling keynote speeches that focusing on addressing government, Public Health England and Ofsted guidance on improving young people’s mental health at school. Either side of the catered lunch a series of workshops addressing specific aspects of whole school approaches to mental health will allow delegates to choose their three most relevant sessions to attend.
This day promises to be practically useful for teachers, schools staff, school leaders and those with an interest in young people’s mental health, as well as sharing good practice and provoking thought and reflection on how we can improve the lives of young people, families and school staff.
1. Emotionally Informed Learning
2. Let’s play Jenga – a guide to looking after your tower! Ideas for proactively managing your teacher resilience
3. Peer coaching for teacher wellbeing
4. Developing a mental health and wellbeing package for delivery by sixth form teachers
5. Managing challenging behaviour in the classroom
6. Working effectively with parents to meet children’s needs
7. An innovative e-platform to monitor young people’s mental health and wellbeing in schools
8. Case study: Managing complex mental health problems in a mainstream school setting – a multi-systems collaboration
9. Teaching healthy minds in schools
Health visitor, Teacher
Lunch and refreshments provided
Length & Time
Book this course
The fusion of Education and the Health Service is extremely exciting and now indeed essential; I am thrilled that St Mary’s is at the forefront of this. I am truly invigorated to disseminate many nuggets of wisdom and tangible strategies gained yesterday to my entire school community.
The knowledge and skills help children in many areas e.g. friendships, learning, attitude, dealing with problems at home and school. Skills will stay with them as they progress helping them to be reflective and emotionally resilient.