About the course
PLEASE NOTE YOU CAN ONLY BOOK A SPACE ON THIS COURSE IF YOU ARE A PART OF SLAM, ST. GEORGE’S, OXLEAS. IF YOU BOOK ONTO THE COURSE FROM ANY OTHER TRUST YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED ONTO THE COURSE.
A specialist mental health training course for staff working in Crisis or Home Treat Teams
This interactive training course has been designed to help build staff’s knowledge, confidence and skills in working with patients in mental health crises.
Using experiential training techniques, participants will get the chance to work through a variety of simulated scenarios involving the management of complex, multifaceted cases with high levels of emotional distress and risk.
Participants will be encouraged to explore how we manage resources, make decisions and work collaboratively with patients and their families to offer personalised care.
Participants – Suitable for all staff who work in Crisis or HTT- Doctors, nurses, support workers, allied health professionals
What you will learn from taking this course:
- learn to consolidate and strengthen quality of mental health assessments
- have increase confidence in assessing and making decisions based on risks
- have enhance skills and techniques in responding to people in emotional distress
- learn to adapt communication skills dependent on situation and recipient
- be able to offer advice and express decisions about the care of patients effectively and compassionately
Assistant psychologist, Clinical psychologist, Clinical support worker, Doctors, Health visitor, RMN, Social worker
Lunch & Refreshments Provided
Length & Time
Book this course
Out of stock