About the course
A specialist mental health training course for staff working in Crisis or Home Treat Teams
This interactive training course has been designed to help build staff’s knowledge, confidence and skills in working with patients in mental health crises.
Using experiential training techniques, participants will get the chance to work through a variety of simulated scenarios involving the management of complex, multifaceted cases with high levels of emotional distress and risk.
Participants will be encouraged to explore how we manage resources, make decisions and work collaboratively with patients and their families to offer personalised care.
Participants – Suitable for all staff who work in Crisis or HTT- Doctors, nurses, support workers, allied health professionals.
This course are open to all clinical staff working across South London (SWLStG, Oxleas, SLAM).
What you will learn from taking this course:
- learn to consolidate and strengthen quality of mental health assessments
- have increase confidence in assessing and making decisions based on risks
- have enhance skills and techniques in responding to people in emotional distress
- learn to adapt communication skills dependent on situation and recipient
- be able to offer advice and express decisions about the care of patients effectively and compassionately
Assistant psychologist, Clinical psychologist, Clinical support worker, Doctors, Health visitor, RMN, Social worker
Lunch & Refreshments Provided
Book this course
The fusion of Education and the Health Service is extremely exciting and now indeed essential; I am thrilled that St Mary’s is at the forefront of this. I am truly invigorated to disseminate many nuggets of wisdom and tangible strategies gained yesterday to my entire school community.
The knowledge and skills help children in many areas e.g. friendships, learning, attitude, dealing with problems at home and school. Skills will stay with them as they progress helping them to be reflective and emotionally resilient.