About the course
This Masterclass Digital session is aimed at general practitioners who want to respond effectively to patients presenting with symptoms of inattention and/or hyperactivity/impulsivity, by providing a brief, focused evaluation of their main concerns. By the end of the course, participants will feel confident about discussing pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment options with their patients, providing appropriate referrals to specialist services, and taking over the ongoing prescribing of recommended medication for patients with an established/confirmed diagnosis. Participants will be invited to bring discussion points and cases to be addressed by the expert facilitators.
What you will learn from taking this course:
- Respond to adult patients presenting with symptoms of inattention and/or hyperactivity and impulsivity
- Make a brief evaluation of the severity and nature of their symptoms
- Refer/signpost appropriately
- Discuss available options of pharmacological and non-pharmacological management of ADHD
- Discuss different pathways regarding titration and on-going prescribing of ADHD medication, including stimulants
- Address specific concerns about the prescribing of stimulant medication (i.e monitoring of physical parameters, common side effects and contra-indications)
Assistant psychologist, Clinical psychologist, GP, GPVTS, RMN
Length & Time
Book this course
- Sorry, this product cannot be purchased.
The fusion of Education and the Health Service is extremely exciting and now indeed essential; I am thrilled that St Mary’s is at the forefront of this. I am truly invigorated to disseminate many nuggets of wisdom and tangible strategies gained yesterday to my entire school community.
The knowledge and skills help children in many areas e.g. friendships, learning, attitude, dealing with problems at home and school. Skills will stay with them as they progress helping them to be reflective and emotionally resilient.