DOVE: Domestic Violence Education
A highly interactive, small group training where you participate in short simulated scenarios and interact with simulated patients, the course aims to bring different professionals together to further understand challenges and build confidence, skills and knowledge in dealing with them. Each scenario with simulated patients is followed by a group debrief led by our experienced facilitators.
A multidisciplinary course, it addresses the challenges faced when seeing patients in different clinical environment, such as:
- how to recognise the signs of abuse
- how to pursue the right lines of enquiry
- how to identify related risks
- when to share information
- next steps to take with that individual, using all available pathways.
This course is a collaboration between Standing Together and Maudsley Simulation.
By aiming to improve your knowledge, skills and confidence in recognising and responding to domestic abuse situations, the course will help you to:
- apply the Ask Validate Assess Action model of approach to domestic abuse
- better understand coercive control and the risks faced by those living with domestic abuse
- recognise risk factors associated with domestic abuse, including awareness of the SPECSS model and the DASH risk assessment tool
- fully understand the roles and responsibilities of other agencies involved in the care of those living with domestic abuse
- screening for, and responding to, someone who discloses domestic abuse.
Contact us for bulk booking discounts on group bookings of more than 5.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your requirements and develop a proposal.
Let our team complete a full Training Needs Analysis for your department, directorate, or whole hospital. We can complete this independently or by working collaboratively with your own staff. Our standard outcome measures assess learners' progress and we produce a full report looking at the wider impact of training, using a range of proven assessment methods.