About the course
CPD: equivalent to 6 hours CPD
THIS COURSE IS ONLY OPEN TO THOSE WORKING IN SOUTH WEST LONDON. IF YOU ARE NOT APPLICABLE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND.
This one-day inter-professional simulation training course aims to support front line, primary care staff in the identification & management of mental illness and promotion of mental wellbeing in young people.
Through case presentations, simulation scenarios and reflection, it aims to guide participants in the identification of common mental health difficulties and build confidence in managing challenging situations. It will explore some of the benefits and challenges of working with young people’s families and support systems and help professionals reflect on how best to work alongside support networks to enhance clinical care and promote well-being and recovery.
What you will learn from taking this course:
- feel more knowledgeable in the identification of mental illness.
- feel more comfortable in how to manage and respond to emotional distress and high risk situations.
- have an understanding of the connections between physical and mental health
- demonstrate awareness of the challenges and benefits that can arise when working with families and networks
- feel confident working with families collaboratively to improve the health and well-being of the child.
Consultant – non-psychiatry any, CT1-3 – non-psychiatry any, GP, GPVTS, Occupational therapist, RGN, RMN, ST4-7 – non-psychiatry any
Lunch & Refreshments Provided
Length & Time
Book this course