East Midlands Ambulance Package
This is a 5-day course that is running from Monday 11th – Friday 15th July. The course includes 4 days of masterclass sessions and a day of simulation training.
Day 1 – Workshop/Didactic day – Mental Health Awareness
- Acknowledge the importance of mental health in relation to patients in crisis
- Have increased knowledge of the common mental health diagnosis likely to be managed within the crisis services
- Have a greater understanding of the stigma faced by patients with Mental health diagnoses
- Identify and start to develop a range of mental health skills including effective communication and de-escalation skills
- To increase confidence in the assessment and appropriate management of patients in a mental health crisis
- Increased confidence in basic risk assessment and management of mental health conditions in the
- Increased knowledge in the management of patients using the appropriate legal frameworks
- Improved skills in collaborative working when managing patients presenting in a mental health crisis
DAY 2 – Simulation Day 1
The simulation day will be a series of 5 simulated scenarios using trained actors as simulated patients. Two specific debriefing models identified as relevant to the scope of debrief practice in the crisis service will be employed to assist participants to learn positively and constructively from the experience, through guided reflective discussions led by experienced simulation faculty from Maudsley Learning.
DAY 3 – Essential debrief training day
- Increase understanding of debriefing practice
- Review debrief models, skills, and components
- Discuss debrief practice applied to mental health scenarios
- Gain confidence practicing structured debriefing with feedback
- Enhance ability to adapt debriefing principles flexibly to educational requirements
- In-depth knowledge of the two specific debrief models identified as relevant to the scope of debriefing facilitation in the crisis service
- Understand the range of duties and responsibilities as a facilitator
DAY 4 – Simulation Day 2
Debrief facilitation coaching day;
A repeat of Simulation day I, the same series of simulated scenarios using trained actors as simulated patients. However, on this DAY2 simulation day, participants will lead on debriefs in turns using the two debrief models that have been specifically identified and modeled on simulation DAY 1 and explored extensively on the essential debrief training day with support from experienced faculty.
- Brainstorming sessions on anticipated challenges with facilitating debriefs
- Mental health crisis and services available in East Midland
- Wellbeing and mental health for participants - help for the helper
- Wrap up of the week
Contact us for bulk booking discounts on group bookings of more than 5.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your requirements and develop a proposal.
Let our team complete a full Training Needs Analysis for a department, directorate, or the whole hospital! We can work to complete this ourselves or work collaboratively with your own staff. Our standard outcome measures assess learner progress and produce a full report looking at wider impact of training using a range of tested assessment methodologies.