About the course
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A TWO DAY COURSE. YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO ATTEND BOTH DAYS TO BOOK.
This two day course, sponsored by the Mind & Body Programme, will support staff in having helpful health change conversations with patients and service users across all healthcare settings, including those who also have associated mental health conditions. The course is suitable for Nurses, Doctors and other AHP who work in areas where lifestyle, wellbeing and exercise is discussed as part of holistic care.
- Interactive mix of individual tasks, group work and didactic teaching.
- Introducing techniques from Motivational Interviewing to improve communication skills
- High fidelity simulation experiences, followed by debrief
- Scenarios focused on supporting clients with mental health, wellbeing and medication
- Opportunity to use new techniques to assist patients to find own solution to problems.
Course presented by
Click on the speaker's profile to find out more
What you will learn from taking this course:
- Identify key principles of motivational interviewing
- Develop basic skills in techniques seen in motivational interviewing
- Practice ways of asking questions and speaking with clients to bring about behavioral change
- Recognise where a person is in the circle of change
GP, GPVTS, Occupational therapist, RGN, RMN
Lunch & Refreshments Provided
Book this course
The fusion of Education and the Health Service is extremely exciting and now indeed essential; I am thrilled that St Mary’s is at the forefront of this. I am truly invigorated to disseminate many nuggets of wisdom and tangible strategies gained yesterday to my entire school community.
The knowledge and skills help children in many areas e.g. friendships, learning, attitude, dealing with problems at home and school. Skills will stay with them as they progress helping them to be reflective and emotionally resilient.