Managing challenging situations for non-clinical staff in clinical settings
It will explore some of the skills required for communication with individuals that use our services as well as increasing confidence in managing difficult situations.
The course will give participants the opportunity to be involved in a series of simulated scenarios using actors, and will use an established debrief model to assist participants to learn positively and constructively from this experience.
The course will explore some of the challenging situations that this group of staff face in their everyday work and aims to increase participant’s confidence in managing challenging situations and conversations
After completing this course those attending will:
- Feel more confident in managing interactions with service users and carers
- Feel more confident when communicating with confused, distressed and agitated service users
- Have an increased understanding of how to manage difficult conversations with other stakeholders.
- Be able to reflect on some of the feelings experienced by servicer users when in contact with our services.
- Be able to identify and reflect on individual interpersonal skills and how they can impact on service user experience.
Discounted rates are available for group bookings. Please contact us for more information. Maudsley Learning has a full range of courses to meet the needs of your organisation. Most can be delivered to you flexibly and tailored to your requirements.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally.
We value research and knowledge-sharing and will continue to contribute to the literature base on mental health education, addressing important research questions in this exciting field.