About the course
Please note: this course is for all Royal Surrey Health and Social Care staff only, please do not apply if you are not from Royal Surrey Health and Social care.
Mental health in the workplace: the workplace is increasingly seen as an important place in which to focus in the delivery of better training on mental health. Sickness absence, as a result of poor mental health is a growing issue and it already represents the biggest single reason for a delayed return to work.
This webinar will provide an overview and aims to increase awareness of mental health in the workplace for professionals at all levels.
The following concepts will be discussed:
- Brief overview of the main mental health disorders
- Personality disorder
- Substance misuse
- Signposting to support services
- Encouraging conversations about mental health
- Models to promote better mental health in the workplace
After taking this course, participants will have:
- A basic understanding of a range of mental health disorders.
- Increased knowledge of mental health help your employees can access, both inside and outside the NHS.
- Increased confidence to have better conversations about mental health issues with your teams and individuals within them who may be struggling.
Length & Time
Book this course
Really helpful course and highly relevant
and useful to everyday work.
The fusion of Education and the Health Service is extremely exciting and now indeed essential; I am thrilled that St Mary’s is at the forefront of this. I am truly invigorated to disseminate many nuggets of wisdom and tangible strategies gained yesterday to my entire school community.