About the course
The aim of the course is to enhance knowledge, confidence and clinical skills for staff who are interested in developing their team-working skills and having a forum to discuss/explore roles and systems as they relate to working in SLaM’s new Place of Safety (PoS).
After taking this course, participants will:
- Have better aware of the roles, systems and resources unique to PoS working
- Be able to understand the role of human factors or non-technical skills (eg situational awareness, leadership… etc.)
- Feel more confident in managing common PoS challenges
- Feel more confident using PoS resources in worst case scenarios
- Be more informed of the potential role of culture/the clinician in co-creating potential crises
Length & Time
Book this course
The fusion of Education and the Health Service is extremely exciting and now indeed essential; I am thrilled that St Mary’s is at the forefront of this. I am truly invigorated to disseminate many nuggets of wisdom and tangible strategies gained yesterday to my entire school community.
The knowledge and skills help children in many areas e.g. friendships, learning, attitude, dealing with problems at home and school. Skills will stay with them as they progress helping them to be reflective and emotionally resilient.