Understanding Bereavement and Loss
This half-day interactive masterclass will help you develop your skills in supporting bereaved people, noting the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Delivered by experts from Cruse Bereavement Care, the course will cover models of grief and how to best support people through their grieving process. Strategies for self-care when working with bereavement will also be discussed.
The following topics will be covered during this course:
- Modern theories and models of grief
- Sudden or traumatic death
- The impact of Covid-19 on bereavement
- 'Normal' death happening during the pandemic
- When grief becomes 'complicated'
- Supporting others and caring for yourself during the pandemic
- Personal strategies for self-care when working with those who are bereaved
- External organisations and resources.
After attending this webinar, you will be able to:
- Meet the needs of bereaved people more effectively in your practice
- Describe key current models of loss and bereavement and consider how they can be applied in practice
- Reflect on the additional challenges that may arise when working with clients bereaved during a pandemic
- Maintain boundaries and self-care while working with bereaved people.
Contact us for bulk booking discounts on group bookings of more than 5.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your requirements and develop a proposal.
Let our team complete a full Training Needs Analysis for a department, directorate, or the whole hospital! We can work to complete this ourselves or work collaboratively with your own staff. Our standard outcome measures assess learner progress and produce a full report looking at wider impact of training using a range of tested assessment methodologies.