Building on the foundations
This one-day online simulation course is designed for GP trainees and will involve live, interactive scenarios followed by a facilitator-led group debrief.
The scenarios feature trained actors and are chosen to reflect a variety of mental health presentations which are relevant to doctors working in general practice.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Gain a greater understanding and knowledge of mental health presentations in a general practice setting
- Consider how mental and physical health problems overlap and how to deal with the two together
- Further develop a holistic view of the patient and carer
- Increase confidence and skills in carrying out risk assessments and mental state examinations
- Learn how to verbally de-escalate challenging situations more effective
- Learn more about psychiatric medication
- Better understand the Mental Capacity and Mental Health Acts, and their relevance in a community setting.
Contact us for bulk booking discounts on group bookings of more than 5.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your requirements and develop a proposal.
Let our team complete a full Training Needs Analysis for a department, directorate, or the whole hospital! We can work to complete this ourselves or work collaboratively with your own staff. Our standard outcome measures assess learner progress and produce a full report looking at wider impact of training using a range of tested assessment methodologies.