Children and Young People Autism Train the Trainer Programme for Inpatient Facilities
This free 5-day course, funded by three key national health organisations, provides an immersive programme for autism specialists working with children and young people (CYP).
After identifying the lack of skilled specialists able to manage the complex needs of CYP nationwide, the government invested in 'train the trainer' courses, funded by Health Education England, NHS England and the Quality Improvement Taskforce and developed in collaboration with young autism sufferers.
As a learner you will be joining a community of 200+ clinicians completing this training around the country who are passionate about improving the care experiences of young people with autism.
During and after the training you will have access to an online community of trainers who will support you as you take your training back to your inpatient facility. You will have access to resources, course manuals, reflective practice groups and refresher training sessions.
The course aims to provide you with the knowledge to be able to deliver your own high quality training to your inpatient colleagues on how to work with children and young people with autism.
The training will be immersive, hands-on and dynamic, combining a range of evidence-based teaching methods including case discussions, videos, reflective discussions, role plays and experiential tasks.
The course has been co-developed by children, young people and families who have autism or have experience with inpatient care. You will hear from these 'experts by experience' throughout the training.
After attending this course, you will:
- Understand the challenges that children and young people with autism experience whilst on inpatient wards including safeguarding, culture, harmful practice and unconscious discrimination.
- Have in-depth knowledge and practical skills for working with children and young people with autism. Training will be to Tier 3 capabilities (Autism Capabilities Framework 2019) so you will have the skills to continuously drive improvements to quality of care.
- Be able to deliver high quality training to your inpatient colleagues on how to work with children and young people with autism.
- Be able to deliver three levels of training (foundation, core, advanced) based on the needs of your colleagues.
- Be able to conduct a training needs analysis of the inpatient setting that you work in.
Contact us for bulk booking discounts on group bookings of more than 5.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your requirements and develop a proposal.
Let our team complete a full Training Needs Analysis for your department, directorate, or whole hospital. We can complete this independently or by working collaboratively with your own staff. Our standard outcome measures assess learners' progress and we produce a full report looking at the wider impact of training, using a range of proven assessment methods.