Mental Health Awareness for Acute Trusts
Mental health conditions are very common but our systems are split between mental and physical health care provision. This course provides an overview of mental health problems that arise in the general hospital, primarily focussing on in-patient settings. It will give the learners an overview of common mental health conditions, as well as the skills to be able to feel more confident in managing them as they arise.
This courses focuses on improving knowledge, skills and confidence in managing mental health issues in the general hospital and will focus on:
- Depression in the context of long-term physical health conditions
- Anxiety disorders and how they interact with physical health worries
- Crises, self-harm presentations and risk management
- Personality disorder and how best to manage challenging situations
- Severe and enduring mental health conditions such as schizophrenia and how patients are managed
- MHA and the MCA and how they are used for the medically unwell patient
- A much better understanding of a range of mental health conditions
- Improved knowledge about the interplay between mental and physical health problems in the general hospital
- The skills to know when to ask for help around mental health issues
- The confidence to better manage mental health issue in your clinical environments
Contact us for bulk booking discounts on group bookings of more than 5.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally.
We value research and knowledge-sharing and will continue to contribute to the literature base on mental health education, addressing important research questions in this exciting field.