Mental health first aid for peer support worker
This mental health first aid training course will teach you how to recognise warning signs of mental health conditions including panic, anxiety, depression, substance misuse, self-harm, suicidality and psychosis.
We will assist you to develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone, whilst keeping yourself safe through varied activities including group discussions, interactive exercises, case studies and videos. We will help you to develop skills and methods of self-care in order to maintain your own wellbeing whilst helping others. You will be fully equipped with a wealth of resources to be able to confidently help and signpost people struggling with their mental health
At the end of the course, you will be able to
- Use a structured approach to enquire about a person’s mental wellbeing
- Identify signs of mental distress or illness
- Manage acute distress or risk issues related to a range of mental health conditions
- Encourage and direct towards help-seeking
- Identify when and how boundaries should be kept
- Be aware of the importance of caring for your own well-being and methods of self-care
There are no reviews for this course yet, please leave a review here: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/maudsleylearning.com
Discounted rates are available for group bookings. Please contact us for more information. Maudsley Learning has a full range of courses to meet the needs of your organisation. Most can be delivered to you flexibly and tailored to your requirements.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally.
We value research and knowledge-sharing and will continue to contribute to the literature base on mental health education, addressing important research questions in this exciting field.