Physician Associate Simulation - South West London ICB - Primary Care
This one-day online mental health simulation course aims to support liaison and diversion service practitioners to refresh and develop further their skills and confidence in assessing patients with common mental disorders.
By the end of the simulation course, physician associates will:
- Be able to take a psychiatric history
- Have strategies to engage with patients who may be difficult to engage with
- be able to complete a mental state examination
- be able to conduct a psychiatric risk assessment (including in those with suicidality)
- be able to apply the principles of the Calm Relate Mange verbal de-escalation model
- understand the role of the Mental Health Act in patient management, and where it overlaps with the Mental Capacity Act
Discounted rates are available for group bookings. Please contact us for more information. Maudsley Learning has a full range of courses to meet the needs of your organisation. Most can be delivered to you flexibly and tailored to your requirements.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally.
We value research and knowledge-sharing and will continue to contribute to the literature base on mental health education, addressing important research questions in this exciting field.