Wellbeing in action: practical approaches to mental health
This one-day course for healthcare professionals working with people in the early stages of mental distress looks at ways to improve their wellbeing, examining at-risk situations and prevention strategies.
'Mental wellbeing' is a term that is becoming increasingly common in popular culture and is relevant to clinical staff working in primary care. It is especially suitable for social prescribers.
The training is open to pharmacists, GPs and primary care nurses working in the community.
It will cover a range of topics including encouraging behavioural change for sustained recovery and making better use of the resources and pathways available.
We will break the concept of wellbeing into key components, allowing you to:
- Enhance your skills and confidence in promoting good mental health and preventions strategies
- Identify when patients are at risk of deterioration
- Harness strengths and resilience factors
- Learn how to access appropriate support.
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the concept of mental wellbeing and its relevance to promoting improved mental and physical health in patients
- Recognise the early signs of mental distress
- Make better use of the resources and pathways available to access support for those experiencing mental distress
- Confidently explore risk and resilience with patients
- Encourage behavioural change to improve mental health and sustain recovery
- Understand the factors that affect wellbeing and help-seeking behaviour.
Contact us for bulk booking discounts on group bookings of more than 5.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your requirements and develop a proposal.
Let our team complete a full Training Needs Analysis for a department, directorate, or the whole hospital! We can work to complete this ourselves or work collaboratively with your own staff. Our standard outcome measures assess learner progress and produce a full report looking at wider impact of training using a range of tested assessment methodologies.