Maudsley Learning has a full range of courses to meet the needs of your organisation. Most can be delivered to you flexibly and tailored to your requirements:
- Maudsley Masterclasses are available for up to 40 people and include a mixture of expert talks, small group teaching, and video case vignettes. These are available for full day socially-distanced classroom-based delivery and most will be live streamed for remote access
- Masterclass Digital courses are fully-interactive 6-8 hour courses delivered online in bite-sized 2-hour live sessions
- Maudsley Simulation courses can be delivered in your local simulation suite socially distanced or via our innovative digital simulationplatform.
Community-based clinicians encounter a huge range of mental health issues in the patients they care for. Covid-19 has made the need for mental health care more pressing and will be addressed where relevant in all Maudsley Masterclasses. Staff in general practice have had to adapt quickly to new ways of working to provide comprehensive care to their community. At Maudsley Learning we have two groups of courses that will help you and your practice meet this challenge:
- Mental health skills for your workforce. Our diverse range of courses are aimed at enhancing general mental health skills, patient and staff wellbeing, and advanced skills in specialist topics.
- Staff support for your workforce. The mental health and wellbeing needs of NHS staff are significant and have been enormously strained by the impact of Covid-19. The opportunity is ripe to build better systems of support, from resilience training through to systemic wellbeing interventions.
Mental health in the general hospital is an increasing priority. Covid-19 has made this even more relevant now and will be touched on in all courses. As organisations move from critical incident management into recovery planning, all hospitals have multiple challenges on a mental health front. At Maudsley Learning we have two groups of courses that will help you:
- Mental health skills for your workforce. Surveys show a widespread lack of knowledge and confidence in managing mental health in general hospitals. Our courses range from basic mental health skills to specialist topics such as managing co-morbid mental and physical needs,capacity and legal protection issues,and challenging behaviour.
- Staff support for your workforce. Research shows that the mental health and wellbeing needs of hospital staff are significant and have been enormously strained by the impact of Covid-19. The opportunity is ripe to build better systems of support, from resilience training through to systemic wellbeing interventions.
Staff working in mental health settings face a number of challenges in providing comprehensive care for their patient’s mental health as well as addressing complex physical needs. Covid-19 has required staff working in mental health trusts to adapt quickly to new challenges and ways of working, which has taken a toll on staff as well as the patients they care for. As organisations move from critical incident management into recovery planning, patient and workforce mental health have become forefront. Our diverse range of courses cover everything from general mental health to advanced specialist topics and are focused on enhancing the skills and confidence of staff working across trusts. Our courses will address Covid-19 where relevant.
Training Needs Analysis (TNA)
Let our team complete a full TNA for a department, directorate, or the whole hospital! We can work to complete this ourselves or work collaboratively with your own staff. Our standard outcome measures assess learner progress and produce a full report looking at wider impact of training using a range of tested assessment methodologies.
Train the Trainer (TTT)
Sustainability is key for many organisations. Ask about our TTT packages for your own education faculty for some of the courses above. Accreditation Maudsley Learning offers department, directorate, or whole hospital ‘Maudsley Mental Health Trained’ accreditation as a stamp of quality and assurance for internal governance or external patient engagement.
Get in touch
For prices or further information on how Maudsley Learning can work with your organisation please get in touch