Early intervention & prevention in children’s mental health – (EPiC – MH)
EPIC MH is a multi-professional online one-day simulation course aimed at primary care professionals working with young people. It will focus upon early identification of mental illness and preventative steps to ensure good mental wellbeing.
It will also explore the role of the young person’s family and support network in mental health and wellbeing as well as looking at the challenges and benefits of working collaboratively with support networks.
You will be involved in a series of simulated scenarios using professional actors, followed by an in-depth debrief. The debrief allows you to build on your skills and knowledge (both technical and non-technical) and learn constructively from your experience.
The course will help you:
- Improve knowledge of factors impacting on mental health and wellbeing
- Be able to identify and respond to signs of poor mental health
- Improve a range of interpersonal skills including communication, teamwork & problem solving
- Develop ways of working more effectively with service users’ families and support networks.
After taking this course, you will:
- Be able to identify those whom may be at risk of mental illness
- Feel confident identifying and responding to signs of mental illness in young people.
- Feel confident conducting a risk assessment and instigating appropriate interventions
- Have improved understanding of connections between physical and mental health
- Have improved confidence, knowledge and skills working with patients
- Be able to use a variety of interpersonal skills to manage emotional distress.
Contact us for bulk booking discounts on group bookings of more than 5.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your requirements and develop a proposal.
Let our team complete a full Training Needs Analysis for a department, directorate, or the whole hospital! We can work to complete this ourselves or work collaboratively with your own staff. Our standard outcome measures assess learner progress and produce a full report looking at wider impact of training using a range of tested assessment methodologies.