Managing Challenging Clinical Situations for Clinical Support Workers (bands 2-4)
This full day simulation course is designed for Clinical Support Workers who would like to develop further skills in de escalating challenging situations that might occur in clinical practice. There will be a total of four scenarios covering such area's and developing skills in:
- Enhancing Listening, problem solving and communication skills
- Become more confident in de escalation & reducing the impact of common potential flashpoints/triggers
- Practicing handover skills
- Breaking bad news
- Working with Family and Carers
- Understand the role of human factors or non-technical skills (eg situational awareness, leadership… etc.)
Discounted rates are available for group bookings. Please contact us for more information. Maudsley Learning has a full range of courses to meet the needs of your organisation. Most can be delivered to you flexibly and tailored to your requirements.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally.
We value research and knowledge-sharing and will continue to contribute to the literature base on mental health education, addressing important research questions in this exciting field.