Managing challenging healthcare conversations
This program is designed for non-clinical staff and aims to enhance skills in interacting with clients. We focus on boosting your confidence in handling tough conversations, especially those related to difficult interactions and mental health. By seamlessly blending theory and practical scenarios, participants gain valuable insights, fostering heightened confidence in their ability to navigate the complexities of difficult conversations. Equip yourself with the tools to not only communicate effectively but also to approach mental health discussions with sensitivity and competence, empowering you to excel in your role within non-clinical settings.
After completing this course, those attending will:
- Develop improved knowledge and awareness of common mental health conditions.
- Improve knowledge of non-technical skills, such as communication style, situational awareness, and working with others.
- Increase understanding of how interpersonal skills impact others.
- Improve confidence in supporting patients with mental health needs and patients presenting with distress.
- Improve confidence in identifying risk and the management of challenging situations.
Discounted rates are available for group bookings. Please contact us for more information. Maudsley Learning has a full range of courses to meet the needs of your organisation. Most can be delivered to you flexibly and tailored to your requirements.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally.
We value research and knowledge-sharing and will continue to contribute to the literature base on mental health education, addressing important research questions in this exciting field.