Mental health in the workplace: the workplace is increasingly seen as an important place in which to focus in the delivery of better training on mental health. Sickness absence, as a result of poor mental health is a growing issue and it already represents the biggest single reason for a delayed return to work.
This course will provide an overview and aims to increase awareness of mental health in the workplace for professionals at all levels.
Explore our full range of workplace mental health training to discover more.
The following concepts will be discussed:
- Brief overview of the main mental health disorders
- Personality disorder
- Substance misuse
- Signposting to support services
- Encouraging conversations about mental health
- Models to promote better mental health in the workplace
- A basic understanding of a range of mental health disorders.
- Increased knowledge of mental health help your employees can access, both inside and outside the NHS.
- Increased confidence to have better conversations about mental health issues with your teams and individuals within them who may be struggling.
Discounted rates are available for group bookings. Please contact us for more information. Maudsley Learning has a full range of courses to meet the needs of your organisation. Most can be delivered to you flexibly and tailored to your requirements.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally.
We value research and knowledge-sharing and will continue to contribute to the literature base on mental health education, addressing important research questions in this exciting field.