Paediatric Mental Health (Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust)
This is a half-day multi-professional course aimed at core paediatric trainees, GP trainees and Foundation Year doctors undertaking a paediatric placement, paediatric higher trainees, paediatric nurses and paediatric health care assistants.
The course is primarily focused on the management of young people with physical and mental health co-morbidity in the A&E setting.
Participants will be involved in a series of simulated scenarios using actors. Debriefing models are employed to give feedback to participants on their contribution and assist them to learn positively and constructively from the experience.
• To have a better understanding of what to do during the engagement, assessment and management of young people presenting to A&E with both physical and mental health needs.
• To gain confidence and skills in managing distressed and agitated patients using de-escalation techniques.
After completing this course those attending should:
• Have improved confidence, knowledge and skills in the management of young people with physical and mental co-morbidity.
• Be able to understand the role that non-technical skills, (e.g. situation awareness, leadership and team work) play in the management of young people with physical and mental healthcare co-morbidity.
• Have raised awareness and improved skills overcoming the challenges that can arise when managing young people with mental health needs in an A&E setting.
Discounted rates are available for group bookings. Please contact us for more information. Maudsley Learning has a full range of courses to meet the needs of your organisation. Most can be delivered to you flexibly and tailored to your requirements.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally.
We value research and knowledge-sharing and will continue to contribute to the literature base on mental health education, addressing important research questions in this exciting field.