Paediatric neuropsychiatry : Maudsley Masterclass
The Paediatric Neuropsychiatry course focuses on how the mind and brain are connected in children. It covers topics like functional neurological disorders, the psychiatric side of conditions such as epilepsy and brain injuries, Tics and Tourette’s in kids, sleep problems, and emergency psychiatric situations in general hospitals. The course also highlights the importance of teamwork between psychiatry and neurology for better services. It's designed to provide a clear and simple understanding of how these fields overlap in children's healthcare.
At the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Conduct basic assessments and manage functional neurological disorders in children and young people.
- Conduct basic assessments and manage psychiatric aspects of pediatric neurological disorders.
- Conduct basic assessments and manage tics and Tourette’s in children.
- Assess the presence of sleep disorders in children.
- Enhance collaborative efforts between psychiatry and neurology.
Discounted rates are available for group bookings. Please contact us for more information. Maudsley Learning has a full range of courses to meet the needs of your organisation. Most can be delivered to you flexibly and tailored to your requirements.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally.
We value research and knowledge-sharing and will continue to contribute to the literature base on mental health education, addressing important research questions in this exciting field.