Physician associates masterclass: assessment and mental state
This one-day online mental health course aims to support liaison and diversion service practitioners to refresh and develop further their skills and confidence in assessing patients with common mental disorders.
By the end of this Masterclass, physician associates will:
- Know what is required when taking a full psychiatric history
- Know all the elements of a comprehensive psychiatric risk assessment
- Know all of the elements of a mental state examination
- Start to be able to describe common psychopathology using the mental state examination structure
- Understand why someone may escalate, and know the principles of verbal de-escalation using the Calm-Relate-Manage model
- Have an awareness of the broad groups of medication used to treat psychiatric ill health and how they may impact physical health
- Recognise the broad principles of the Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act, and how they may be applied
Discounted rates are available for group bookings. Please contact us for more information. Maudsley Learning has a full range of courses to meet the needs of your organisation. Most can be delivered to you flexibly and tailored to your requirements.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally.
We value research and knowledge-sharing and will continue to contribute to the literature base on mental health education, addressing important research questions in this exciting field.