In this episode Dr. Marta Di Forti and Professor Sir Robin Murray discuss the link between cannabis use and psychotic illness in depth, including:
- How cannabis has changed over recent decades
- The effect of cannabis on the incidence of psychosis
- How cannabis can produce psychotic symptoms in a laboratory setting
- The potential role of the endocannabinoid system in humans
- The cannabis clinic run by Dr. Di Forti in the South London and Maudsley NHS trust
Dr. Di Forti is a psychiatrist and senior clinical fellow and senior lecturer at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience at King's College London and is now regarded as one of the leading researchers in the world in the field of cannabis and psychosis.
Professor Murray is a psychiatrist and Professor of Psychiatric Research at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience at King's College London, and considered a world expert in psychotic conditions such as schizophrenia.
Interviewed by Dr. Anya Borissova. Do you have questions comments for feedback? Email us here- firstname.lastname@example.org - Follow us here: Twitter @maudsleypodcast Instagram @maudsleylearningpodcast