Preparation for Consultanthood
This is a one day course aimed at Psychiatry Higher Trainees across London including those in all subspecialities (General Adult, Older Adult, CAMHS, MHLD, Psychotherapy and Forensics). This course aims at providing these higher trainees with the skills and confidence to apply for consultant positions, excel in the interview and settle into life as a consultant.
The course consists of lectures, small group work, video critique and gives participants an opportunity to meet medical or clinical leads in their subspecialties from across London.
• To gain confidence and knowledge in recognising the important personal factors influencing your choice of consultant post.
• To improve knowledge of the consultant application process including the interview.
• To improve skill and confidence in undergoing the consultant interview process.
• To understand how and where to develop leadership and management skills specific to a consultant role.
• To understand the importance of on-going professional development in your role as a consultant.
• To understand the challenges faced by new consultants and to gain confidence in managing such challenges.
• To understand where and how to seek support as a consultant and how to maintain support networks.
Discounted rates are available for group bookings. Please contact us for more information. Maudsley Learning has a full range of courses to meet the needs of your organisation. Most can be delivered to you flexibly and tailored to your requirements.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally.
We value research and knowledge-sharing and will continue to contribute to the literature base on mental health education, addressing important research questions in this exciting field.