Today on the podcast Alex chats with Andrew Jenkinson, author of the book: Why We Eat (Too Much): The New Science of Appetite.
Andrew is a consultant bariatric and general surgeon at University College London. He is a member of the British Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society, the International Federation of Surgery for Obesity, the Association of Upper GI Surgeons and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
In the podcast they discuss:
- The problems with the mainstream views on the obesity crisis
- How modern diets lead to obesity, including the "body set-point" hypothesis
- Principles of improving one's diet and lifestyle in order to lose weight and improve health
- Psychological issues with weight loss
- How government policy could be used to improve public health
You can find Andrew's book here:
Interviewed by Dr. Alex Curmi -
Give feedback here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us here: Twitter @maudsleypodcast