About the course
CPD: equivalent to 6 hours CPD
PLEASE NOTE, THIS COURSE IS FOR TRAINEE DOCTORS IN LONDON ONLY.
A 1-day, high fidelity, immersive, simulation based training focusing on mental health.
- 40% of medical patients in hospital have a psychiatric disorder
- 40% of GP consultations relate to mental health
No matter where your career takes you, this course will leave you more confident and skilled in assessing and managing those with mental health conditions.
Any foundation trainee Doctor who does not get a psychiatry rotation.
What you will learn from taking this course:
- Boost your knowledge on a wide range of mental health presentations
- Better see how mental and physical health problems overlap and how to deal with the two together
- Increase your confidence and skill in carrying out risk assessments and mental state examinations
- Learn how to de-escalate challenging situations more effectively
- Learn more about psychiatric medication
FY1, FY2, FY3
Lunch & Refreshments Provided
Length & Time
Book this course
The fusion of Education and the Health Service is extremely exciting and now indeed essential; I am thrilled that St Mary’s is at the forefront of this. I am truly invigorated to disseminate many nuggets of wisdom and tangible strategies gained yesterday to my entire school community.
The knowledge and skills help children in many areas e.g. friendships, learning, attitude, dealing with problems at home and school. Skills will stay with them as they progress helping them to be reflective and emotionally resilient.