About the course
PLEASE NOTE: This course is open to staff from SLaM, Oxleas and South West London & St Georges Mental health Trust ONLY. It is suitable for all clinical staff working in Place of Safety / 136- Doctors, nurses, support staff. If you are not eligible for this course your place will not be confirmed.
This course aims to enhance the confidence, knowledge and clinical skills of staff who are working in a Place of Safety (PoS) or Section 136 Suite. It focus’ on how to manage acute physical and mental health problems, as well as specifically exploring team work, staff roles and resources in this unique environment.
By the end of the course participants will:
- be more confident in managing common Place of Safety presentations, both physical and mental health.
- understand the impact of human factors or non-technical skills in the delivery of high quality care
- have increased awareness of the roles, systems and resources unique to PoS working
- be more confident using PoS resources in worst case scenarios
- be aware of how the environment, working culture and attitudes can influence crises and outcomes
This course is suitable for all clinical staff working in Place of Safety / 136- Doctors, nurses, support staff . It is open to staff from SLaM, Oxleas and South West London & St Georges Mental health Trust
What you will learn from taking this course:
- learn to consolidate and strengthen quality of mental health assessments
- have increase confidence in assessing and making decisions based on risks
- have enhance skills and techniques in responding to people in emotional distress
- learn to adapt communication skills dependent on situation and recipient
- be able to offer advice and express decisions about the care of patients effectively and compassionately
Clinical support worker, Consultant – psychiatry, CT1-3 – psychiatry, GPVTS, RMN, Social worker, ST4-7 – psychiatry
Lunch & Refreshments Provided
Length & Time
Book this course