PTSD in Primary Care
This one-day interactive simulation training course is open to clinicians working in Primary Care with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder patients who may not have disclosed their experiences - or are not accessing the appropriate support for their symptoms.
Establishing a trust-based relationship in which conversations on trauma can be facilitated is crucial for being able to identify and treat symptoms effectively. Simulation training is the ideal learning mechanism through which to address this need.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate improved confidence, knowledge and skills in the assessment and management of trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Undertake a comprehensive risk assessment for patients experiencing various trauma symptoms with greater confidence
- Demonstrate a better understanding of NICE Guidelines, diagnostic criteria and comorbidities with other conditions
- Develop a greater understanding of the difference between PTSD and Complex Trauma
- Better understand the pathways for the management of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Complex Trauma.
Contact us for bulk booking discounts on group bookings of more than 5.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your requirements and develop a proposal.
Let our team complete a full Training Needs Analysis for a department, directorate, or the whole hospital! We can work to complete this ourselves or work collaboratively with your own staff. Our standard outcome measures assess learner progress and produce a full report looking at wider impact of training using a range of tested assessment methodologies.