Simulation suite launch event
Maudsley Learning boasts the first mental health simulation centre in UK through the creation of Maudsley Simulation in 2015. On Friday 11th November 2022, we open up the doors to a brand new state-of-the-art mental health simulation suite.
The launch event is opened to educators, service users, programme managers and colleagues working in healthcare and education. We look forward to giving those in attendance a taster of what high fidelity mental health simulation training can offer to patients, learners, teams and organisations.
Our simulation faculty, technical team and actors have planned a number of scheduled workshops on the day, so you can see our approach to mental health simulation in action. We are looking forward to demonstrating the evidence based value it can add to learning and professional development. Please make sure you select the ticket for the scenario most relevant to your role.
The following teams will be available throughout the day, on Mezzanine level, to answer any questions / queries you may have:
- Research & Development
- Digital learning
Also on show will be the virtual reality work we’ve been doing with the Tides Team and the Toolkit package we developed to help clinical staff have conversations to tackle inequalities in the workplace.
- 10.00 : Welcome and refreshments. (Mezzanine level)
- 10.30 : Ribbon Cutting
- 11.15 : Simulation Scenario 1 - Home visit scenario followed by tour of simulation suite.
- 12.15 : Simulation Scenario 2 - Acute Hospital followed by tour of simulation suite.
- 1.45 : Simulation Scenario 1B - Home visit scenario followed by tour of simulation suite.
- 2.45 : Simulation Scenario 2B - Acute Hospital followed by tour of simulation suite.
- 3.45 : Q&A with Sim team, media production and research team.
- Refreshments and close.