Skills for health conversations - Southwark & Lewisham borough
This two-day interactive course covers motivational interviewing techniques as part of health conversations with complex health issues. It is for staff who have attended at least one of the previous two days – Enhanced Physical health skills or Physical health awareness*.
Scenarios will cover topics including:
- Managing diabetes / medication compliance
- Cardiovascular Disease / weight management
- Sexual Health
- Smoking cessation conversation.
Funded by HEE for Our Healthier South East London.
Equivalent to 6 hours CPD
- Day One: Skills Day – interactive day to learn how to use motivational interviewing techniques when talking to patients about health change.
- Day Two: Simulation Day - using the skills developed in day one we aim to have focussed health conversations with simulated patients who have complex health issues.
Course presented by
Contact us for bulk booking discounts on group bookings of more than 5.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your requirements and develop a proposal.
Let our team complete a full Training Needs Analysis for a department, directorate, or the whole hospital! We can work to complete this ourselves or work collaboratively with your own staff. Our standard outcome measures assess learner progress and produce a full report looking at wider impact of training using a range of tested assessment methodologies.