About the course
PLEASE NOTE: This course is free to those working in South East London only. Anyone who works in, or refers into inpatient CAMHS and would like to improve their understanding of work in this area is encouraged to join this course.
This course provides an overview of mental health problems that typically present within our inpatient CAMHS wards and effective approaches to intervention. It will give learners an increased understanding of some of the issues/dilemmas that arise and will provide them with some increased understanding and skills in a range of approaches to working with young people in these settings.
The following topics will be covered:
- Using DBT approaches within inpatient CAMHS
- The role and application of effective family interventions within inpatient CAMHS
- How to adapt and apply a CBT and a Family Intervention model to work with adolescents experiencing a spectrum of symptoms from Psychotic Like Experiences to psychosis
- The role and application of Art Psychotherapy approaches within inpatient CAMHS
- Understanding medico legal aspects on inpatient CAMHS work
- Examples of effective Quality Improvement projects within inpatient CAMHS such as reducing restrictive practise
Course presented by
Click on the speaker's profile to find out more
After taking this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand and address the issues and dilemmas that arise within inpatient CAMHS settings
- Describe the range of evidence-based therapies offered within inpatient CAMHS
- Understand some of the medico-legal aspects of work in this area
- Have an overview of some high quality examples of Quality Improvement projects within inpatient CAMHS
Allied health professional, Assistant psychologist, Clinical psychologist, Consultant – psychiatry, CT1-3 – psychiatry, Healthcare assistant, Psychology student, RMN, Social worker, ST4-7 – psychiatry
Length & Time
Book this course
The fusion of Education and the Health Service is extremely exciting and now indeed essential; I am thrilled that St Mary’s is at the forefront of this. I am truly invigorated to disseminate many nuggets of wisdom and tangible strategies gained yesterday to my entire school community.
The knowledge and skills help children in many areas e.g. friendships, learning, attitude, dealing with problems at home and school. Skills will stay with them as they progress helping them to be reflective and emotionally resilient.